- About Us
Safeguarding children and young people is a responsibility for all society (Children Act 2004)
Everyone who comes in contact with children/young people has a role to play.
What is safeguarding?
It might be hard to accept, but every child can be hurt, put at risk of harm or abused, regardless of their age, gender, religion or ethnicity. When we safeguard children and young people, up to the age of 18, we are:-
• Protecting them from maltreatment
• Preventing impairment of health and development
• Ensuring they are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
• Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
• The action we take to promote the welfare of children/ young people and protect them from harm is everyone’s responsibility.
Any concern for the safeguarding of a child/young person must be reported either in person or by telephone to:-
Mr Joyce, Head Teacher
Mrs Barker, Deputy Head Teacher
Mrs Burton, Parent Support Advisor
Mrs Blacklock, Class Teacher
01388 602150 or 07522 903299 (Mrs Burton)
In the event of a safeguarding concern being out of school hours please contact:-